The F3 Prize recognizes the most innovative digital financial products that are narrowing the gender gap in financial inclusion.
We launched the Female-Focused Fintech Prize, sponsored by Flourish Ventures, to find and reward the companies working to narrow the gender gap in access to digital financial services by building products and services designed for women.
Meet the F3 Prize Nominees
Female-Focused Fintech Prize
F3 Prize Background
We partnered with Flourish Ventures and FinEquity, housed at CGAP, to find startups that were building products and services designed for women as a way to help narrow the gender gap in access to digital financial services. We worked with an independent advisory board built up of leaders in women’s financial inclusion and gender to develop judging criteria and to evaluate the applicants.
Our aim with this prize was to bring support and an investor spotlight to the most innovative entrepreneurs and products that increase financial access to female users in emerging markets. Winners receive structured mentorship from DFS Lab, its network of experts, and members of the F3 Prize’s advisory committee. They were honored in person at the FT/IFC Transformative Business Awards 2019.
We looked for startups that:
- Serve a primarily female customer base
- Target the mass market in Africa and South Asia (including Indonesia).
- Have made gender inclusion a priority, both in their business models and their company culture
- Offer products and services that address the gender gap in financial inclusion through increased access to financial services for women and/or a deeper impact on the daily financial lives of women and their families
- Can demonstrate the above with qualitative and quantitative data and prove the ability to scale that impact
F3 Prize Advisory Committee
Elizabeth KellisonGender Lead, Financial Services for the Poor at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Amee ParbhooDirector of Investments at Accion Venture Lab
Dr. Savita BailurResearch Director at Caribou Digital
Marina DimovaManaging Director, Design and Innovation, Women's World Banking
Catherine HighetFinEquity - Technology Lead, at CGAP
Jenny JohnstonVC / Impact Investor at Flourish
Mónica BlackPartner at TheVentureCity, Former Principal Ventures at CZI
Olga MorawczynskiSenior Program Manager at the Mastercard Foundation
Gayatri MurthyFinancial Sector Specialist at CGAP